Richard C. Perko, president and chief executive officer of the Lee Company, was elected a new director of First Farmers and Merchants Corporation (OTC Pink: FFMH), the holding company for First Farmers and Merchants Bank.
Shareholders voting at the Company’s annual meeting expanded the number of directors to 10, and re-elected the nine incumbent directors.
Perko was elected to a one-year term. He currently serves on the Board of Williamson, Inc. and is a small group leader for Living Sent Ministries. His past affiliations include President of Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors (PHCC) of Middle Tennessee, the Board of Associated Builders & Contractors, the Executive Committee for the American Heart Association Heart Walk, and the Board of Justice & Mercy International. In 2017 he was recognized as one of the “Most Admired” CEO’s in the Nashville Business Journal.
“We are pleased to have Richard join our Board of Directors,” Chairman and Chief Executive Officer T. Randy Stevens said. “He brings a strong leadership record, a deep understanding of business and corporate strategy and a skilled perspective on the construction and building trades industries. We expect to benefit from his experience and insight, and we look forward to his participation in the governance of our company.”
Gov. Bill Lee, who served as chairman of the Lee Company before being elected governor of Tennessee, officially handed control of the company over to Perko in January.
“I leave knowing that Lee Company is in good hands with CEO Richard Perko and the Board of Directors,” Lee said.
Stevens noted that, in addition to himself, eight other incumbent directors were re-elected to new one-year terms. They are:
- Jeffrey L. Aiken, President of the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation;
- Jonathan M. Edwards, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Edwards Group of Companies;
- Thomas Napier Gordon, a real estate investor;
- Dalton M. Mounger, an attorney in private practice;
- Timothy E. Pettus, Vice Chairman of the Company and the Bank;
- Matthew M. Scoggins, Jr., Chief Executive Officer Emeritus of Tennessee Farmers Insurance Companies;
- H. Alan Watson, Chief Executive Officer of Maury Regional Health System; and
- Brian K. Williams, President of the Company and the Bank.
First Farmers and Merchants Corporation is the holding company for First Farmers and Merchants Bank, a community bank serving the Middle Tennessee area through 22 offices in seven Middle Tennessee counties. As of December 31, 2018, First Farmers reported total assets of approximately $1.4 billion, total shareholders’ equity of approximately $130 million, and administered trust assets of $4.9 billion. For more information about First Farmers, visit www.myfirstfarmers.com under “Investor Relations.”